Canada Immigration Settlement Funds is needed for Skilled Category Applicants. Canadian Govt. require you to have enough fund ready; to live for first 8-10 month of arrival in case you don’t have job.
Accepted source of funds
1. Keep required fund in yours or spouse’s personal account.
2. Fund need to be at-least 3 months old before you apply.
3. Current Account, Saving Account, Bond, Saving fund under your or spouse name will work.
4. Fund must not move out once you apply until your immigration files completes.
5. FDR or Share bond is also accepted by CIC if that is on applicants or spouse name.
After you submission of your application you need to maintain settlement funds.
How much Canadian Dollar you should have as fund? Calculate here.