Educational Credential Assessment for Canada

For Canada Educational Credential Assessment has to be done to check equivalency of your non Canadian degree with Canada standard. . Canada Immigration require you to check your Academic Degrees with some listed organization this also known as Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). While submitting the application ECA report has to be sent along with application. ECA report processing time vary university to university. You would require academic certificates ready while you proceed with ECA.

There are number of organization does ECA

  1. Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  2. International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
  3. World Education Services
  4. International Qualifications Assessment Service
  5. International Credential Evaluation Service

Among all these I did through WES which I felt easier. You can do a preliminary check with here WES. After preliminary check they require university certificate and transcript sent directly by university with university designation package.

Most of the cases students collect it from university and courier themselves which sometime faster to process. Student also need to inform university officials that there would consequence check directly to university from WES via email or fax.

Details of this process can be found here.